Classics of (Dis)Grace
Remember when Disney used to re-release its movies? So that each generation of kids would get to see Snow White or The Aristocats as if they were new? I remember. I remember how Disney would throw out all kinds of stuff about how the graphics were “digitally restored” or “remastered” (perhaps to get parents to justify taking the kids to a shiny new moie instead of just popping in a VHS [wow, remember those?] with its attendant tracking problems).
But then Disney said no mas to that, abandoning us for lame derivative sequels, and eventually for 3D. Ah, the death of childhood.
Well, I think this page is in the same spirit. Without the remastering and restoring. Here, I’m just posting a few classic articles at Irresistible (Dis)Grace that you might not have seen if you’ve come to the scene late…
- How *not* to preach
- Demographics of a religion
- False choice on faith
- Which culture pervades more: religious or national?
- The Word of Wisdom: Why and Why not
- About those who leave the church but don’t leave it alone
- Pathos, Ethos, and Logos
- Leave the church, but can’t leave it alone (redux)
- On atheism and agnosticism
- Mere Atheism